In response to a performance art piece where a fake Ivanka Trump vacuums up crumbs thrown by the public, real Ivanka Trump tweeted, “Women can choose to knock each other down or build each other up. I choose the latter.”
Here are some times I can think of off the top of my head that Trump has chosen to build women up and not to knock women down, something she would like you to know that she does not choose to do:
- When she supported accused rapist and conservative reactionary Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court.
- When she did nothing about her father’s policy of separating children from their families at the border.
- When she did nothing about her father blaming “both sides” for a white supremacist murdering a woman in Charlottesville, and instead, resumed reading her book on vacation.
- When she said she has had “tremendous growth” working for an administration that at that moment was tear gassing children at the border.
- When she posed with Jerry Falwell, president of Liberty University and an anti-LGBTQ bigot.
- When she campaigned for anti-abortion extremist Kim Reynolds for governor of Iowa.
- When she tweeted “Women can choose to knock each other down or build each other up. I choose the latter.”
The list goes on. Thanks, Ivanka!