Who among us hasn’t held off resigning from our role as an elected official after the public discovered you did black face in you youth?
- After apologizing Friday for appearing in an ‘80s yearbook photo wearing blackface next to someone in a KKK outfit, then denying that it was him in the photo, then admitting in a press conference to blackening his face with shoe polish to impersonate Michael Jackson, then turning down a reporter’s request to moonwalk, then resisting calls for his resignation, disgraced Virginia Governor Ralph Northam is still governor. Northam is currently consulting with his staff over whether or not he has a political future (probably not). Meanwhile, black Virginians who voted for Northam feel cheated. At least Northam can find support in everyone’s favorite former Democrat, Joe Lieberman. [Associated Press]
- Turns out the majority of Americans want to tax the fuck out of the rich. [Politico]
- The Green New Deal that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez helped bring to the mainstream of the Democratic agenda has its first set of initial congressional co-sponsors. [Axios]
- A civil rights lawsuit has been filed against a federal jail in Brooklyn, New York that allegedly provided little heat and electricity to inmates for over a week despite brutal, below freezing temperatures. [WSJ]
- The Pentagon plans to deploy an extra 3,750 troops to the U.S.-Mexico border for 90 days because they apparently love to waste money and ruin lives. [NBC News]
- But in happier news...
This has been Barf Bag