The shutdown is over, but everything’s still bad!
- Congratulations to Senate Republicans and Democrats who successfully voted to end debate and set up another vote to conclude the government shutdown, which lasted for a cool three days or so. [ABC News]
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters at a briefing Monday afternoon that if Democrats don’t cooperate with Donald Trump, the administration might just go ahead and start deporting DREAMers, just like that. [ThinkProgress]
- The Supreme Court in Pennsylvania found that the congressional district state map is an extremely partisan gerrymander that violates their state’s constitution. A new map will be drawn by February 15. [New York Times]
- Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross. an 80 year old garden gnome, keeps falling asleep in meetings (“Wilbur is good until about 11 a.m,” said a senior administration official) and making bad deals, which makes grumpy President Trump huff and yell. [Axios]
- Head of the House Intelligence Committee Devin Nunes and his staff wrote a memo that allegedly details the “grave abuses” perpetuated by the intelligence community, showed it to some but not all members of the House, and is currently refusing to show it to the FBI. [The Daily Beast]
- A Russian spy ship was spotted off the coast of Wilmington, N.C. [CNN]
- How long can you listen to Joe Scarborough’s newest Women’s March-inspired single “Stand” before you have to turn it off? [The Hill]