Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
And the fun continues!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The White House has confirmed reports that families crossing the border have temporarily stopped being referred for prosecution, claiming “we’re simply out of resources.” [Politico]
- “Just because you don’t see a judge doesn’t mean you’re not receiving due process” is another thing our friend Sarah Huckabee Sanders said today, in response to the president’s tweeted demand that people get thrown out of the country without trial. It must be extremely confusing to be on the right wing of the political spectrum right now, as one must diligently keep up with the constantly-shifting meaning of your favorite catchphrases.
- We have not yet finished discussing restaurant-gate, but the Discourse has evidently moved on to Rep. Maxine Waters with the generally accepted conclusion that we must all be polite to administration officials, no matter how many babies they have irrevocably traumatized. The president made the wisdom of this point clear by promptly insulting and threatening her on Twitter. [CNN]
- Joe Manchin cracked Heidi Heitkamp’s rib while performing the Heimlich maneuver? [Bloomberg]
- Sen. Mark Warner says we can expect some “wild months” ahead in the Mueller investigation, to which I say: how fun. [The Hill]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.