Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Just a PSA going out to all my young, budding journalists out there: InfoWars is hiring! Do you know your “five W’s?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- After tweeting that Trump is “a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/ other white supremacists,” ESPN “Sports Center” co-host Jemele Hill was personally called out by the White House press secretary at a briefing today, because it’s not at all out of the ordinary, at this point, for someone behind a White House podium—in the midst of two bazillion-dollar hurricanes and a nuclear standoff with North Korea, among about a thousand other more important things—to berate a specific member of the media for saying something unflattering and accurate about the president. [Politico]
- Bernie Sanders has officially introduced his single-payer legislation, which would expand medicare into universal coverage. [Washington Post]
- The White House says Trump is planning to sign a bipartisan resolution pushing him to condemn racist hate groups. [Washington Post]
- The White House is apparently considering lowering our refugee quota to fewer than 50,000. Can somebody just strap Stephen Miller into a parachute and drop him over Yemen already? [New York Times]
- Another quick request: Can someone please ask Ted Cruz about dildos every day for the rest of his life? [Twitter, CNN]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.