Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
A new collectible for you:
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- A press release from the White House issued today features sentences like “Too many innocent Americans have fallen victim to the unthinkable violence of MS-13’s animals” and “in Maryland, MS-13’s animals are accused of stabbing a man more than 100 times and then decapitating him” and “President Trump’s entire Administration is working tirelessly to bring these violent animals to justice.” Certainly, if “justice” means using a racially coded term over and over and over again, that is what Trump’s administration is doing.
- The Supreme Court’s battle on behalf of corporate America continues apace, with the latest ruling allowing corporations to prevent workers from participating in class action lawsuits. [New York Times]
- Don Blankenship is back, baby! This coal daddy is not going to back down! [New York Times]
- A U.S. official says that Rudy Giuliani “entirely made up” his claim that Robert Mueller plans to wrap up his investigation by September 1. Imagine that. [Reuters]
- Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam is allowing a sanctuary cities bill to become law that would mandate local compliance with ICE. He did not sign the bill, but also did not veto it, setting a truly courageous example for public servants everywhere. [Tennessean]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.