Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Ding ding! Do you hear that? That’s the sound of the last of the Capital Bikeshare bikes being ridden home from the Trump White House after a day of governing for the Nazis, by the Nazis.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- After the president sided with Swastika-toting Nazis screaming “Jews will not replace us” while marching on a black church with torches, the multiple Jewish people working in the West Wing (chief economic advisor Gary Cohn, the president’s son-in-law and daughter, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin) have not uttered a peep in protest. The legacy of the Holocaust is banged into the heads of young Jews so hard that my adolescence was plagued with recurring Warsaw ghetto nightmares—this is LITERALLY WHAT WE WERE TRAINED FOR IN HEBREW SCHOOL, as several protest signs have astutely noted—and yet these fucking nebbishes are just plodding around, shitting on the graves of their ancestors. Then again, Dorothy Thompson always knew what’s up. [New York Times]
- Ibid. [HuffPost]
- No, sorry Gary, this doesn’t count. [Politico]
- If you can stomach re-living it, it’s really worth checking out Vice’s Charlottesville documentary. [Vice]
- Heather Heyer’s mom’s speech at her memorial service is also worth your time. [Washington Post]
- Trump’s plan to privatize air traffic control would add $100 billion to the deficit, according to a new analysis. [The Hill]
- Republicans seem to be liking Putin more and more, I wonder why that is? [Politico]
- In another STRONG, DECISIVE move to OBLITERATE THE EVIL OBAMA LEGACY, the Trump administration just dismantled a Capital Bikeshare station installed for White House personnel in 2010. [Washington Post]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.