Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
And an arms race! What an exciting time.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- “Trade wars are good, and easy to win,” the president tweeted today. You’ll be shocked to hear that experts disagree! [New York Times]
- Ooh also, another hugely surprising thing that no one could have predicted—you can probably go ahead and forget all those things Trump said about wanting gun control. [New York Times]
- Putin’s got a bunch of cool new nukes, which everyone says is actually not that big of a deal, because he already had enough nuclear weapons to blast us into space. I feel fine and relaxed! [Guardian]
- New evidence that the Department of Interior targeted the Bears Ears monument specifically for oil exploration, notable because, among other things, last year Ryan Zinke said “Bears Ears isn’t really about oil and gas.” Starting to feel like I can’t trust this guy! [New York Times]
- Newly discovered recordings from 2005 reveal that Scott Pruitt is, in addition to being a blunt tool of the energy industry, a radical nut who doesn’t believe in evolution and wants to dismantle the judiciary. [Politico]
- Grain of salt here, but Hope Hicks is reportedly about to REALLY cash in on her time with Trump. [Daily Mail]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.