Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Wasn’t that supposed to be his “thing”?
- While discussing the potential for a DACA compromise attached to Friday’s funding bill, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell indicated that the White House literally hasn’t let him know their position yet. “I’m looking for something that President Trump supports, and he has not yet indicated what measure he is willing to sign,” he said. “As soon as we figure out what he is for, then I would be convinced that we were not just spinning our wheels.” [Washington Post]
- Of his three previous successors’ failures with North Korea, Trump said: “I guess they all realized they were going to have to leave it to a president that scored the highest on tests.” Yes—that’s it. [Reuters]
- Trump also apparently faces “serious heart concerns,” according to outside cardiologists who reviewed the new report on his physical examination. [New York Times]
- Rupert Murdoch has been hospitalized. [The Hill]
- Grassley is trying to shove through 17 judicial nominees tomorrow. [The Hill]
- Well, here’s a sentence: “Tillerson says his staff prints out Trump’s tweets and then they try to figure out how to ‘use it’ to make policy.”
- On the bright side, maybe I’ll be hit by a piece of this defunct Chinese space station.
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.