Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- They dragged Sean Spicer out of his little troll hole to attend the unveiling of Melania Trump’s wax figure at Madame Tussauds. While I do not take any pleasure in seeing his face again, I will say that he looks well rested and maybe like he is also made of wax or is very clammy. Clam Man for Wax Man was an alternate headline for today’s Barf, just so you know. [NBC News]
- Dr. Ronny L. Jackson, White House physician and Trump nominee to lead the Department of Veteran Affairs, is facing alarming allegations of “prescription drug misuse, hostile work environment and drunkenness” according to a report prepared by the Democratic staff of the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee. [New York Times]
- Ben Carson proposed raising the minimum that low-income families pay for rent, tripling it for the poorest households. He’d also love to make it easier for property owners renting to low-income households to demand work requirements of their tenants, which is a thoughtful touch. [The Washington Post]
- Jeff Sessions, a Polly Pocket doll with a law degree, will not say whether or not he recused himself from the ongoing probe into Donald Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen, but he did say he would recuse himself if the probe is about the election, so uh...all right. [Politico]
- French president Emmanuel Macron took some light jabs at the ghoul that runs this country in a speech to Congress today, saying, among other things, that he thinks the United States will get their shit together and rejoin the Paris Agreement. [CNN]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.