Hmmm, how can we be more evil? There are so many ways, it turns out.
(Also: As you may or may not have heard, this is my last Barf Bag. Although I wish this column didn’t have to exist, misery loves company, and it’s been a pleasure, kind of! Please everyone do me a favor and buy a nice foam roller, or perhaps a watercolor kit.)
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- ICYMI, the U.S. government has been kidnapping migrant children and forcing their parents to pay significant sums of money to get them back: “Candidates for sponsorship must produce a plethora of documents to prove they are legitimate relatives and financially capable sponsors, including rent receipts, utility bills and proof of income. Home visits are increasingly common as part of the process. And once those conditions are met, many families must pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars in airfare to bring the children home.” [New York Times]
- @WhiteHouse is now a troll account.
- More on the upcoming Unite the Right rally, Part II, which is somehow legally happening: [The Intercept]
- Okay, Susan Collins! Whatever you wanna tell yourself, lady! [Politico]
- BuzzFeed obtained the documents from Michael Cohen’s shredder. [BuzzFeed]
- And the trade war continues apace. [CNN]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.