Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Another wonderful Hump Day in paradise!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Veterans Affairs Secretary David Sulkins will be replaced by Adm. Ronny L. Jackson, the president’s personal physician. His ouster was reportedly plotted by a group of conservative political appointees, who felt he was not working to privatize the department’s health care system quickly enough. Welcome, Doctor Ronny! [New York Times]
- A judge has ruled that Maryland and Washington, D.C.’s lawsuit against Trump over the emoluments clause can move forward, albeit under narrower terms, which nobody really expected! [Vox]
- Guess what new really bad thing Trump’s lawyers are reported to have done? [New York Times]
- Butterflies and other threatened species are going to have to die to make way for Trump’s border wall. [Vox]
- Another court takes a pee on Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker. [TPM]
- The NAACP is suing over the Trump administration’s 2020 census plan. [AP]
- The White House re-embraces federalism when pressed about the latest police shooting of an unarmed black man. [The Hill]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.