Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Excited and ready for another great week on the internet!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The Trump administration filed a lawsuit to block a planned merger between AT&T and Time Warner, following earlier reports that the administration was trying to pressure the companies to offload Turner Broadcasting, the parent company of CNN. [Politico]
- GQ went to Bowling Green, Kentucky to take a deeper look into the ongoing mystery of Rand Paul’s neighborhood assault, which this report indicates did not—as Paul seems to want people to believe—have anything to do with politics. [GQ]
- I am personally devastated by the news that Anthony Scaramucci is not, in fact, publishing a “tell-all” book. [Business Insider]
- Here’s some good context on Trump’s apparent trophy hunting reversal. [Washington Post]
- 156,000 Puerto Ricans have moved to Florida since September. [Miami Herald]
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders seems, in general, like an extremely fun and chill person to go to work with every day! I am being sarcastic! [Talking Points Memo]