Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Of course he does.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Trump cannot stop obsessing over the construction of a border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, and while he made a concession with building materials (the wall will be steel, not concrete as promised), he wants to direct everything else about its design. In his perfect, demented world, the wall will be painted black, have sharp spikes at the top, and contain only a few, very small gates. So in addition to literally tearing families apart, this shit will also look like something out of Lord of the Rings. [Washington Post]
- The Trump administration is considering moving hundreds of asylum-seekers from the U.S.-Mexico border to south Florida, despite the fact that officials say cannot the area cannot house an influx of migrants. If the White House doesn’t send assistance, the Broward County mayor says the city will create a “homeless encampment.” [NPR]
- Congressional republicans are in a panic about the possibility of LGBT people having more rights. [BuzzFeed News]
- Senator Bernie Sanders will announce on Saturday that, if elected president, he will halt funding for all for-profit charter schools until a national audit of such schools can be completed. [CNN]
- A handful of states, including Missouri and Alabama, passed near total abortion bans this week. Related: Abortion funds could probably use your time and money this weekend. [New York Times]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.