Donald Trump had a very bad evening last week, courtesy of NBC’s Savannah Guthrie who moderated his ill-advised town hall and in the process tore him a new one. Trump, of course, was very unhappy that of all people, it was a woman who asked him some tough questions and made him sweat, calling Guthrie “totally crazy” afterwards.
And now, as we stare down the barrel of the final debate, which will take place on Thursday assuming all goes as planned, Trump has decided to debut his misogynistic attacks against the moderator, NBC’s White House correspondent Kristen Welker, in advance of the debate itself. On Saturday, he called Welker “terrible & unfair, just like most of the Fake News reporters.” And on Monday, during a campaign rally in Arizona, Trump described Welker as a “radical Democrat” and a woman who’s been “screaming questions” at him “for a long time.” He then brought up Guthrie again, whom he said was “like a crazed lunatic, literally rising out of her chair screaming questions.” Can you believe these women, doing their jobs? The affront!
Denigrating women journalists is, as we all know, a very smart move as part of a broader strategy to win back the suburban white women voters who are fleeing from you.
According to Axios, Trump’s campaign advisers are telling him to “try to be more likable” during Thursday’s debate, to which I respond, hahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahha.
Breaking news: Fox News briefly remembers the basics of journalism, just as quickly goes, LOL whatever.
- The Justice Department charged a group of Russian military intelligence officers for hacking foreign elections and... the Olympics? [Axios]
- Hey guess who got a tweet removed by Twitter after he tweeted out that masks don’t work? Scott Atlas, the White House’s covid-19 pandemic adviser, that’s who! [The Guardian]
- The Supreme Court is going to hear two cases related to Donald Trump’s hatred of immigrants, which should go well! [Washington Post]
- The ghost of Ronald Reagan lives on in his son Ron Reagan, who told CNN that his dad would be “horrified” not only by Donald Trump but by the Republican Party’s “spinelessness in the face of this pathological entity in the White House.” Ron added, “I hate to say it here, I don’t mean to be blunt, but we’ve got a bunch of grifters in the White House.” [CNN]
- A very good and terrifying read on how Eugene Scalia, the son of the late Antonin Scalia and now head of the Labor Department, won’t rest until workers have no rights. [The New Yorker]
- Hahaha fuck you John Cornyn, you spineless piece of crap. [Fort Worth Star-Telegram]
- In related news, expect more election shenanigans in Texas this year. [Texas Tribune]
- **INSERT VOTING SECURITY EYES EMOJI** [Los Angeles Times]
- Yet more long lines to vote early, this time in Florida. [Miami Herald]
- And here’s a little voting inspiration to end your day. Boston, good?!? The answer is hell no, but at least one good woman lives there!