Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
You guys I’m sorry I barfed in the bag. :[
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- When a reporter asked what lessons we could take away from the U.S. government’s response to Hurricane Maria’s devastation in Puerto Rico, where nearly 3,000 died, the president said, “I think that Puerto Rico was incredibly successful... I actually think that it was one of the best jobs that has ever been done.” [CBS News]
- Starting today, authorities with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services can deny any visa or green card application if it contains mistakes or missing evidence. [ProPublica]
- American officials say the Trump administration is considering sanctions against China in response to the government’s internment of ethnic Uighurs and other minority Muslims. [The New York Times]
- Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has accused Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon of co-authoring Bob Woodward’s new Trump administration tell-all. [The Hill]
- Sentient butter sculpture and racist haircut about town Mike Pence mentioned “radical Islamic terrorism” a bunch during a ceremony at the Pentagon commemorating the September 11 attacks. [Politico]
- A Louisiana mayor has banned his recreation department from using public funds to buy Nike gear because he doesn’t want to support the Colin Kaepernick ad campaign’s “political agenda.” [The Hill]
- Never forget. [Twitter, @pattymo]
- Please forget. [The Daily Dot]
- Don’t forget about us.
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.