Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
- The president has learned a cool new trick! Check it out: “Trump has recently become intensely focused on his ability to grant pardons, asking his lawyers to compile a list of candidates. A White House official this week said Trump is ‘obsessed’ with pardons, describing them as the president’s new ‘favorite thing’ to talk about. He may sign a dozen or more in the next two months, this person added.” [Washington Post]
- The White House has bravely soldiered on in its feud with the Philadelphia Eagles. [The New York Times]
- A judge has ordered that the government of Puerto Rico must release death records to CNN and other outlets. [CNN]
- Trump is meeting with Kim Jong Un at a resort hotel, if you can believe it. [Washington Post]
- Welp, that’s it for Medicare, I guess! [Politico]
- Mitch McConnell cancelled most of the Senate’s August recess so that he can continue stacking the courts with far-right wingnuts and prevent vulnerable Democratic senators up for reelection from campaigning. [Washington Post]
- David Koch has announced his retirement. [NPR]
This has been Barf Bag.