We are back from Thanksgiving, baby, and ready to rumble!!
- General Motors announced it will cut 15 percent of its salaried workforce and close at least three plants in the U.S. Speaking to reporters, President Trump said he basically threatened GM: “I was very tough. [...] I said, you know, this country’s done a lot for General Motors, you better back in there soon, that’s Ohio.” That should do the trick. [NBC News, The Hill]
- Trump also does not “believe” the latest report confirming that the effects of climate change have already been felt across the U.S. and will get worse if we don’t take action. “Right now, we’re the cleanest,” he said, comparing the U.S. to China... Japan... and “all of Asia.” Alright well, nothing racist and planet-destroying to see here, nope. [AP, Twitter]
- Checking on the migrant caravan: Mexican federal police officers surrounded a shelter housing many members of the migrant caravan today, and officials later said they would deport around 100 migrants who tried to seek asylum by crossing the U.S. border yesterday. Meanwhile, the head of San Diego’s Border Patrol is rousing the narrative that the caravan did not cross in “peaceful protest.” [NBC News, The Hill]
- Further proof that people are trash: A pair of nooses were found hanging outside the Mississippi state capital. [CNN]
- Fox News is entering the streaming wars. [New York Times]
- Beto O’Rourke is maybe going to run for president—MAYBE. [Talking Points Memo]