- Trump held a bipartisan meeting on immigration reform today to show off his A+ skills in Deals and Negotiations. When Sen. Dianne Feinstein proposed a “clean Dream Act”—meaning a Dream Act without additional security/enforcement measures attached—Trump initially was all cool that sounds great! and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy was like ahh no back up wtf!!! Trump then said he would sign literally whatever passes Congress: “If they come to me with things I’m not in love with, I’m going to do it,” he said (that one’s a real quote). Another real quote: “I think the president uses ‘wall’ for ‘border security,’” House minority whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) told Politico. “I think he thinks they’re interchangeable.” [Politico]
- Steve Bannon is out at Breitbart. Unclear where he is at this precise moment, but my money is on a D.C. tattoo parlor, getting a tattoo of Thomas Cromwell on his upper thigh. [Washington Post]
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein unexpectedly released a transcript of Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson’s interview with congressional investigators, in which Simpson, Politico writes, “told congressional investigators in August that the FBI found the dossier credible because an unnamed ‘human source’ associated with Trump had offered the bureau corroborating information.” [Politico]
- A new federal court order will allow the Republican National Committee to “supercharge” their voter suppression efforts. [ThinkProgress]
- Joe Arpaio, who should be in jail, will instead be running for Jeff Flake’s Senate seat. [Politico]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.