Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Just another day battling on behalf of everyday middle-class Americans who spend tens of thousands of dollars to kill for sport.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The Trump administration has quietly lifted an Obama-era ban on the import of elephant trophies into the U.S., after appearing to back off that plan last year amid public backlash. At the time, Trump called elephant hunting a “horror show.” He appears to have forgotten. [ABC News]
- ABC reports that several White House staffers have been fired or reassigned as a result of security clearance issues. [ABC News]
- Hope Hicks reportedly told the House Intelligence Committee that she can’t access her Trump campaign email account and another personal account because they were “hacked.” Hicks, NBC reports, “portrayed herself as not savvy in matters of technology.” Huh. [NBC]
- Valerie Huber, an abstinence-only education advocate, now has final say on how the family planning budget is spent. [Politico]
- Donald Trump’s insane lawyer Michael Cohen is trying to keep Stormy Daniels silent about her alleged relationship with the president. [NBC]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.