Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Babies, it’s cry time.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- President Donald Trump confirmed he has worms for brains by saying, of Reverend Al Sharpton, “Now, he’s a racist,” and insisting that what he’s done for “African Americans in two and a half years, no president has been able to do anything like it.” Sure!!!
- Trump’s love for black people can be seen in the fact that he seems to think Representative Elijah Cummings is also mayor of Baltimore:
- For my last Trump-specific update, please enjoy this video of a bug literally crawling out of his scalp onto his forehead:
- Elsewhere in the administration, Attorney General William Barr issued a ruling that makes it harder for people fearing persecution in their country and whose families have been targets of violence to claim asylum in the U.S. [Washington Post]
- The U.S. has reportedly separated almost 1,000 children from their parents in the last year. [Washington Post]
- Like handing your hateful ex lighter fluid and putting them charge of all your worldly possessions. [AP]
- Hot potato, hot potato. [Politico]
- Is anyone else getting Argo flashbacks? [Politico]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.