Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Love that! Love it! Fantastic!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- “Can we call that treason?” Trump asked during a speech at a factory in Ohio, referring to Democrats not clapping during his State of the Union address. No, we cannot? You bitch? [New York Times]
- Speaking of that speech, the stock market took such a huge nosedive while he was talking that networks turned away from the speech to cover it. His strategy of taking credit for the stock market now appears, shockingly, rather stupid. [Politico]
- Hooray, a nuclear arms race. [New York Times]
- The Supreme Court has denied a GOP request to block a court ruling that the state’s heavily gerrymandered congressional map be redrawn, meaning the 2018 map in Pennsylvania will likely help Democrats gain House seats. [The Hill]
- KT McFarland has officially withdrawn her nomination to ambassador of Singapore after it stalled in the Senate. [The Hill]
- Michelle Bachmann has declined to run for Al Franken’s Senate seat because “I wasn’t hearing any call from God to do this.” Which was nice of God, I suppose. [The Hill]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.