Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Did Trump decide we’re just not gonna do this NATO shit anymore yet or what?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Trump killing your spirit? Well, now he can literally kill you in Russia thanks to a brand of asbestos that’s branded in President Trump’s likeness. The company cites Trump and former EPA grifter Scott Pruitt as big supporters of the cancer causing mineral. [Washington Post]
- Trump gave a very Trumpian introduction at this year’s NATO summit. It wasn’t at all embarrassing:
- Jesus didn’t break laws, unlike undocumented immigrants, according to Pastor Paula White, chair of Trump’s evangelical advisory board and massive piece of shit. [Talking Points Memo]
- The most liberal enclaves of New Jersey are making big bucks by being complicit in the Trump administration’s immigration hellhole. WNYC reports that counties like Bergen, Essex, and Hudson are making $6 million a month from Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention centers. [WNYC]
- Greatest country on earth, folks! Read the heartwarming tale of a family that is contemplating divorce so they can afford health care for their disabled daughter. [The Hill]
- A CNN investigation has uncovered sickening claims from migrants housed at a for-profit detention center. They say they’re being held in solitary confinement, are given paltry servings of food at mealtimes, and are coerced into working for $1 a day. [CNN]
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer is coming up with a plan to block the nomination of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. Will it work? Hm. Lemme schedule that IUD insertion right now just in case. [Politico]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.