Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Cry time comes a day early.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Mitch McConnell “tripped at home on his outside patio and suffered a fractured shoulder,” according to spokesman David Popp. [New York Times]
- Please take a moment to reflect on Mitch McConnell’s patio:
- Betsy DeVos is getting sued over for-profit student debt relief. [Huffington Post]
- A smart piece about the ways that mainstream publications and grossly overpaid opinion writers like Bret Stephens of the New York Times actively promote white nationalism. [Slate]
- New Zealand is updating its abortion laws to be less punitive, but will continue to enforce a cut-off that requires patients to clear an additional legal hurdle if seeking the procedure at 20 weeks. Reproductive health advocates called it a “mixed bag,” which it is. [Reuters]
- My condolences to the stocks. [NY1]
- Former President Barack Obama released a long statement on gun violence and white supremacy:
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.