Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Another cry day in trash time, so let’s get at it.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Every day there are new stories demonstrating the incoherence and violence built into the systems that enforce our borders. “I had to stay almost two days like this, standing. I didn’t sleep,” a 17-year-old boy from Guatemala said of his early days in a detention facility in Arizona. “And they didn’t treat me well because I would ask for at least food or water or something to cover myself with and they would deny it.” [NBC News]
- They pile up. [Vice News]
- And pile up. [NPR]
- And pile up. [Reveal]
- The president is betting that racism will win him Minnesota in the 2020 presidential election because racism has won him most things in life. [Bloomberg]
- Congressional Democrats seem bad at politics. [Politico]
- No, Joe Biden has never met Joe Biden before. Why do you ask? [Washington Post]
- The Trump administration wants to push millions of people off food assistance, which is vile and predictable and the exact same thing former House Speaker Paul Ryan and other “moderate” Republicans had been trying to do for years. [Washington Post]
- Kamala Harris has introduced legislation to federally legalize and tax weed. It would also expunge low-level weed possession convictions. [Rolling Stone]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.