Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Do you ever wonder if Donald Trump was put on Earth by aliens to test our desire to survive as a human race? Cool, me neither...
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Donald Trump, a mold sculpted from a vat of solidified pork grease, has weighed in on reports that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called him a “moron.” “I think it’s fake news, but if he did that, I guess we’ll have to compare IQ tests,” he told Forbes. “And I can tell you who is going to win.” [People]
- Because he is actually a character from Riverdale, Trump also continued to fight with Sen. Bob Corker, who articulated the nation’s fears by telling the New York Times that Trump is putting us “on the path to World War III” with North Korea. On Tuesday, Trump tweeted: “The Failing @nytimes set Liddle’ Bob Corker up by recording his conversation. Was made to sound a fool, and that’s what I am dealing with!” [CNN]
- For what it’s worth, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is also concerned about Trump’s threats to North Korea. [The Hill]
- Policy think tank the Brookings Institution has released a 108-page report concluding that Trump “likely obstructed justice” when he fired former FBI director James Comey, which would be an impeachable offense. “Attempts to stop an investigation represent a common form of obstruction. Demanding the loyalty of an individual involved in an investigation, requesting that individual’s help to end the investigation, and then ultimately firing that person to accomplish that goal are the type of acts that have frequently resulted in obstruction convictions,” the report reads. [CNBC]
- At a book signing in California, Hillary Clinton on Tuesday warned that Senators Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren, two of the most popular progressive politicians today, will face similar levels of vitriol as she did due to sexism. “There’s a particular level of vitriol, from both the right and the left directed at women,” she said. “Make no mistake about that.” [Politico]
- The White House continues to claim, falsely, that the US is the “highest taxed nation in the world.” [TPM]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.