Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Anybody who’s ever read a book knows that tapes are nothing but trouble for anybody in the White House, and yet! Here we are!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Big day for harsh burns from family members! Not to be outdone by Stephen Miller’s uncle, Bobby Goodlatte, son of House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte, had this to say on Twitter about the firing of the FBI agent who texted some shit about Trump and is now a major right-wing talking point: “I’m deeply embarrassed that Peter Strzok’s career was ruined by my father’s political grandstanding. That committee hearing was a low point for Congress.” He is supporting his father’s Democratic opponent, and in fact has given the maximum donation allowed. A beautiful Father’s Day card. [CNN]
- Omarosa strikes again: She reportedly claims in her book that Trump called Don Jr. a “fuck up” when he inexplicably tweeted screenshots of emails setting up his meeting with a Russian lawyer promising dirt on Hillary. “He screwed up again, but this time, he’s screwing us all, big-time!” [The Hill]
- Omarosa also says she taped Jared and Ivanka. Hello to the tapes. [Politico]
- And her tapes reportedly have other denizens of Trump World frantically wondering about who else may else have tapes—specifically tapes of them saying wild shit. Good solution would have been not saying wild shit in the first place. [Buzzfeed]
- It took two 11 year-olds less than 20 minutes to hack replicas of the Florida state elections website. Cool. [PBS]
- White supremacists did not have the turnout they hoped for in Washington D.C. this weekend. [Daily Beast]
- United Nations Human Rights Chief Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein warns that Trump’s denigration of the press as “the enemy of the people” is “very close to incitement to violence.” [Guardian]
- The Senate Judiciary Committee has released about half of the around 175,000 documents it’s reviewed from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s career as a lawyer for the Bush administration. [Washington Post]
- Dabney Friedrich is the fourth judge to rule that Robert Mueller’s probe is legit. The twist is that she was in fact a Trump appointee! Congrats to Dabney on the new betrayal-focused nickname she will no doubt be assigned on Twitter by the president. [Politico]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish today:
This has been Barf Bag.