Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Time to drink five gallons of Diet Dr. Pepper and call it a day, before I drink five more gallons of Diet Dr. Pepper during tonight’s DNC debate.
- After a lower court temporarily blocked the implementation of Donald Trump’s racist and dangerous “Remain in Mexico” policy for asylum seekers, which forces them to seek asylum in the first country they transit through, the Supreme Court has lifted that block. As the immigrant rights group Al Otro Lado put it, “This is a death sentence for most [of] our clients.” [Washington Post]
- Yoel Alonso Leal, a severely ill man from New Orleans, has been deported to Cuba, despite doctors warning that a flight could kill him. [Miami New Times]
- Some conservatives are worrying that Trump’s move to ban flavored e-cigarettes will cost him the 2020 election. Vape kings, it’s your time! Rise up and resist!!!! [Washington Examiner]
- But conservatives are not bemoaning the fact that he’s rolling back environmental rules meant to prevent chemicals from polluting bodies of water. [New York Times]
- This is bad! [Bloomberg]
- This is (a) good (first step)!
- This is also a good first step (towards impeachment). [NBC News]
- Some terrible news from Texas. [Dallas News]
- Some good news from California. [The Guardian]
This has been Barf Bag.