Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
I’m looking at the calendar and guess what: it’s Tuesday (cry day).
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Alexandria Ocasio Cortez is clear-eyed about the realities of climate change and the gravity of the work ahead: “I wish as a public servant, I could tell you everything is going to be all right,” she said Monday at a climate event in Washington, DC. “But I can’t tell you that today, because I’m not interested in lying to you... Frankly, there is no reason for us to be comfortable right now.” [The Intercept]
- On Tuesday, Anthony Weiner was released from the Bronx halfway house where he had been living since his release from prison in February. Weiner served a 21-month sentence for sending sexually explicit texts to a 15-year-old girl. [CNN]
- A Democratic project to bring rural voters back to the Party is getting funding from a nihilistic anti-Medicare-for-All group, which is very depressing. [The Intercept]
- This is very fucked up. [New York Times]
- So-called heartbeat bans used to be seen as a political nonstarter. Times have changed. [New York Magazine]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.