Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Pea? In my coffee? It’s more common than you think…
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- When asked whether President Trump had ever uttered the N-word, as alleged by former White House staffer Omarosa Manigault Newman, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said she “can’t guarantee anything.” (NBC News)
- Former Trump campaign staffer Paul Manafort’s defense rested Tuesday without calling any witnesses, meaning this shit’s finally coming to a close, I think. (Politico)
- “Anybody that runs against Trump suffers,” says… Donald Trump. (Talking Points Memo)
- Stormy Daniels might be on the next season of the U.K.’s Celebrity Big Brother, which means that I might be watching my very first season of Celebrity Big Brother. (Variety)
- “I think Vermonters should take me seriously because I have practical progressive ideas, and I happen to be 14, not the other way around,” says Ethan Sonnebon, who is seeking the Democratic nomination in Vermont’s gubernatorial race. (NBC News)
- The Violence Against Women Act will expire at the end of September barring any action from Congress. (HuffPost)
- A Republican candidate for Florida’s state legislature caught lying about getting her college degree has decided not to drop out of her race, which is offensive to me, a doctoral candidate at Bovine University. (The Hill)
- [Elaine Strich voice] Heeeeeere’s to the books I won’t buy… Please don’t click this liiiiiiink…… (The Daily Beast)
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish today:
This has been Barf Bag.