Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Happens to the best of us.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The White House issued a statement on Monday night claiming that Iran “has” a “robust, clandestine nuclear weapons program that it has tried and failed to hide from the world and from its own people.” They then changed “has” to “had” without notifying reporters. Uh, can everybody calm down, this was a no big deal typo y’all!!! Please get over it? [Politico]
- Mike Pence’s doctor does not seem to like Ronny Jackson, claiming that he may have violated federal privacy protections and that he made him feel “intimidated.” Did you foresee that there would be so much medical drama under a Trump presidency, because I really didn’t! [CNN]
- Kind of seems like unless everyone gets off Twitter now we are gonna freaking combust? [Washington Post]
- Mueller’s questions for Trump have leaked. [New York Times]
- A lobbyist helped plan Scott Pruitt’s lavish trip to Morocco. [Washington Post]
- Carl Higbie, director of advocacy at America First Policies, said on his radio show a few years back: “I believe wholeheartedly, wholeheartedly, that the black race as a whole, not totally, is lazier than the white race, period.” Mike Pence is scheduled to attend an event with the group today. [CNN]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.