Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- KnowYourIX founder Alexandra Brodsky noticed that the White House appears to have quietly deleted a report on sexual violence from its website. The 2014 report, titled “Rape And Sexual Assault: Renewed Call To Action,” was put forward by then-VP Joe Biden and the White House Council on Women and Girls. “What does it mean that the Trump administration doesn’t want the public to have that information?” Brodsky asked. Well! [HuffPost]
- Guess who Betsy DeVos hired to head a unit that investigates for-profit college fraud? JUST! GUESS! Okay, I’ll tell you: Julian Schmoke, a former official at for-profit college DeVry University, which recently agreed to a $100 million settlement for allegedly defrauding students. [Politico]
- Here is some frickin weird-ass stuff about Felix Sater. [The Daily Beast]
- I guess it’s convenient that the paper of record has consolidated all the worst assholes into its op-ed section. [New York Times]
- Houston, Shmouston—it’s corporate tax cut time, baby! [HuffPost]
- And these dealmasters are really going for the “hard sell,” it looks like. [Twitter]
- The Washington Post continues its excellent coverage of the ongoing disaster in Houston. [Washington Post]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.