- Donald Trump’s lawyer, an old friend of ours, has sent a cease-and-desist letter to Michael Wolff’s publisher, Henry Holt and Co.. An excerpt of Wolff’s book, which started a war of words between Trump and Steve Bannon, was published yesterday. [Washington Post]
- The back-and-forth between Trump and Bannon took a short break before resuming. “[Bannon] called me a great man last night, so he obviously changed his tune pretty quick,” Trump told reporters this morning. [Talking Points Memo]
- During today’s press briefing, Sarah Sanders suggested that Breitbart should fire Bannon. [The Daily Beast]
- Breitbart’s owners are considering the suggestion. [Wall Street Journal]
- More of that book was published today. The latest excerpt describes Trump as “enigma, cipher and disruptor.” Sure. Why not? [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Ignoring the cease and desist, Henry Holt announced that they will publish Wolff’s book four days early. The book might be terrible (and even unreliable) but this has, no doubt, been the most successful book promo in decades. [CNN]
- Mitch McConnell is still enjoying the Trump-Bannon feud. [NBC News]
- Members of Congress are concerned about Trump’s mental health. [Politico]
- A new healthcare proposal from the Trump administration could further weaken Obamacare. [Talking Points Memo]
- A new rule proposed by the Department of Education would make it harder for defrauded students to have their student loans forgiven. [Wall Street Journal]
- A tie-break for the Virginia House of Delegates (and the majority party) was decided today by drawing a name out of a bowl. Here’s everything you need to know about The Bowl and our very functional democracy. [Washington Post]
- Take the time to read this story about how the Department of Justice threatened to reveal an undocumented teen’s abortion to an uncle who threatened to beat her. [Slate]
Well, it’s official. I broke down over New Years and had a major depressive episode, was sent to a psychiatrist, and was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I wanted to die. The stress over not only the shit in my own life (high housing costs, bills, student loans) just cannot gel with the stress that I’m also feeling as this idiot dismantles everything my grandfather fought his ass off for. I just pray the Zoloft they put me on gives me some release from this, because I just can’t anymore.
The worst part is hearing my Republican relatives braying about “snowflakes” and “haw-hawing” about their own wanton destruction of our environment. The same ones bitching about how cold it is (in their parts of the country. It’s 80 fucking degrees out today here in So. Cal) and how that means “BLOGAL WRMING IS FAEK LULZ!” They are so fucking stupid that I can’t even anymore.
You guys at Jez are my only lifeline. I mean that seriously. You remind me that there’s still sanity on this planet.