Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- A senior White House official told The Atlantic that the “Trump doctrine” is “We’re America, bitch.” In case you’re just catching up, that’s because America, never the most well-liked guy in the room, is now a less-charismatic version of a half passed-out SAE frat star with dried vomit on his ear explaining to a group of pledges why they should swallow a tampon. [The Atlantic]
- The NRA, Trump’s biggest financial supporter when he was a candidate, was in contact with Russians in Vladimir Putin’s inner circle during the 2016 election. Weird, they usually do such great work. [McClatchy]
- One of the many, many things on which Trump clashed with our allies at the G7 summit was apparently... plastics pollution. Nah, let’s leave it in the sea, ‘cause we’re America, bitch!!!!! [Washington Post]
- “Some of them heard their children screaming for them in the next room,” congresswoman Pramila Jayapal told the Washington Post of immigrant women held in a federal prison facility who had been separated from their children. “Not a single one of them had been allowed to say goodbye or explain to them what was happening.” [Washington Post]
- Ted Cruz is a horrific piece of shit, part 12,948: [The Hill]
- Bill Clinton is still saying stuff! Some might say... it isn’t going well! [Vox]
- Tomorrow morning, Trump will meet with Kim Jong Un, where they will very likely shake hands and kiss each other’s big baby lips and pretend to have come to a Big Fantastic Deal. [Washington Post]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.