Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Will you be reading our State of the Union liveblog at 9 p.m. eastern?
- Stacey Abrams will offer the official Democratic response to the State of the Union, and Senators Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders will offer their own responses both before and after that speech. [Twitter, Twitter]
- Oprah is going to interview Beto O’Rourke as part of her Super Soul series, and your mom is going to watch it. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Eat the people of means! [New York Post]
- And their heirs! [Twitter]
- The future of Virginia’s governorship remains a mess. [Associated Press]
- Like an incredibly depressing mess. [Politico]
- Would you agree that Kellyanne Conway looks a lot like the Lady Elaine Fairchilde puppet from Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood? [NPR]
- Check your watch because it’s subpoena time again. [NBC News]
This has been Barf Bag.