Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Do you ever get home from work at the end of a long, stressful day and go into your bathroom for a lil’ self-care? You pluck your eyebrows one hair at a time. The sun dips lower and lower into the sky, and you realize your left is smaller than your right? So you even them out as the sun sets, and then you look up, it’s after midnight, and you look like Pamela Anderson in 1998? That’s never happened to Rex Tillerson.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- In a move Politico describes as “highly unusual” for someone in his position, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has not issued a request for the money Congress earmarked to fight propaganda from Russia and terrorist groups. Hm! How many “highly unusual” actions do you think it takes to give the United States a collective heart attack? [Politico]
- In other horrifying news, the NAACP has issued a travel advisory for a state in the United States of America, their first ever. Congratulations, Missouri. [McClatchy]
- A new Quinnipiac University has documented Trump’s lowest approval rating since being inaugurated, at a strong 33%. Snaps and blessings to our big, strong boy! [The Hill]
- New York is sending records to Trump’s voter fraud commission. Hahahahahahahahahaha COOL. [Politico]
- Comey’s got a book deal. [Politico]
- There is never not something fucked up going on at the EPA. [The Nation]
- Republicans in Congress are too pussy to say anything about GOP Sen. Jeff Flake’s recent anti-Trump book. [Politico]
Here is a tweet the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.