Personally, I will not allow the barf in this bag to ruin my nice day, and neither should you.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- There’s a lot going on, kids, but the Republican effort to cut the corporate tax rate and the estate tax at everybody else’s expense is rigorous and ongoing, in spite of a number of embarrassing reports indicating that if passed this plan would Fuck Us Up. According to a CBO report, the House Republican tax plan would add $1.7 trillion to the deficit, which is something that Republicans used to care about when they could use it as an argument against social spending. Republicans argue that cutting taxes would spur economic growth, which is not a real thing that works. [ABC News]
- At&T and Time Warner are reportedly under pressure from Trump’s Justice Department to sell Turner Broadcasting—the company that owns CNN—in order to gain approval for their merger. That merger’s scary implications aside, this is quite autocratic, isn’t it? Fun! [Politico]
- Corey Lewandowski forgot that he gave Carter Page permission to go to Russia. Because it was, yes, Father’s Day. Simple as that, folks. [Politico]
- Here’s a video of Chris Christie arguing with a voter. Bye bitch!!!!! [New York Times]
- Steve Bannon is on a diet, and other depressingly upbeat stories about former Trump officials. [Politico]
- Rand Paul broke six ribs, not five, and we still don’t know why his neighbor attacked him. Could it have been... not about landscaping? This! Shit! Is! Weird! [Washington Pot]
- Donna Brazile has made quite a pivot, hasn’t she! [Twitter]
- Betsy DeVos seems to be hollowing out the Education Dept. [Washington Post]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.