What’s a little public shove and handshake showdown and insulting speech between friends?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- After not one but two incredibly aggressive handshakes with French president Emmanuel Macron at the NATO summit in Brussels today, Trump then opted to shove the prime minister of Montenegro aside so he could stand in front of the group like the biggest, most important boy. [CNN]
- That’s not all, folks! In a speech at NATO headquarters, the president whined that our allies are “not paying what they should be paying,” while failing to mention the mutual defense pledge. [Washington Post]
- Polls are closing soon in the Montana special election between Rob Quist and Greg Gianforte who was seen, heard, and charged for assaulting a journalist yet opted to lie about it. Since the assault, Gianforte is said to have received over $100k in donations from people who think violence is fine; over in Washington, the GOP response to a member of the press being physically assaulted by a public official has been remarkably muted. [NBC]
- Joe Lieberman has withdrawn his name from consideration for the FBI post. [Politico]
- A Russian jet did a “barrel roll” over a US aircraft. [CNN]
- Spotted: Jeb Bush getting his shoes shined at the airport. Please clap :).[Twitter]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.