It’s the freakin’ weekend! And it’s a long one too, oh yeah!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Republicans... it’s time to campaign in your home state... for your life! As many as 45 House Republicans could lose their seats in the upcoming midterm election, and incumbents—especially those who have run shitty campaigns—are starting to feel the walls closing in on them. Party leaders have been running around and oh, you know, just casually asking their colleagues “So who do you think is worth saving?” [Politico]
- Similarly, Jeff Sessions’ job may also be in peril after November, Trump warns. [Politico]
- The U.S. isn’t done negotiating with Canada on the new NAFTA agreement—and neither side will budge—even though Trump wants to pass it off to Congress today. [Politico]
- A Trump policy that targets greencard-holders could lead to the deportation of thousands of Vietnamese immigrants. [Washington Post]
- The government continues to drag its feet reuniting children immigrants with their families; only 14 more were reunited this week, bringing the total of family reunifications to 1,937. There are still hundreds of children in government custody waiting to see their families again. [CNN]
- Kanye 2024? Probably not. (Thank god!) [The Hill]
- The Hyatt Hotel refuses to back down from housing and offering discounts to an anti-Muslim hate group conference. [ThinkProgress]
This has been Barf Bag.