Federal officials, who have announced a cruel plan to separate migrant children from their parents, somehow “lost” nearly 1,500 of those children in their custody, some of whom may have been handed off to human traffickers.
- A day after he canceled the North Korea Summit, an event for which the White House issued a bizarre commemorative coin, Donald Trump says maybe it isn’t canceled after all. Honestly, what the fuck? [The Hill]
- Shocking news: Trump’s golf course in Scotland pays women significantly less than men, and few are executives in the company. [The Hill]
- Sources within the Department of Homeland Security say that Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen cannot with with Trump because he knows nothing about immigration law and he’s hard to work with. I am....not at all surprised. [Washington Post]
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, who has been avoiding extradition to Sweden for allegedly sexually assaulting two women, may finally get thrown out of the Ecuadorian embassy after six years of hiding. [CNN]
- In his new memoir, John McCain admits that the Iraq War “can’t be judged as anything other than a mistake, a very serious one, and I have to accept my share of the blame for it.” [Politico Magazine]
- Mitch McConnell, referred to McConnell as “Cocaine Mitch”by West Virginia Senate candidate Don Blankenship, enjoyed the attention his viral Narcos-inspired tweet mocking Blankenship’s “It sorta softened my image, don’t you think?” he told Politico. I...don’t agree. [Politico]
- Why does the Women’s Equality Party support New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, not Cynthia Nixon? [New York Times]
This has been Barf Bag.