Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The DNC has opted to use its wildly limited resources to wage a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the Trump campaign, Wikileaks, and the Russian government, alleging that they conspired to help Trump win the presidency. “This constituted an act of unprecedented treachery: the campaign of a nominee for President of the United States in league with a hostile foreign power to bolster its own chance to win the presidency,” DNC chair Tom Perez said. [Washington Post]
- The US Citizenship and Immigration Services changed its mission statement, opting to delete the phrase “nation of immigrants” in favor of emphasizing the importance of “securing the homeland.” Cool!!!!! [CNN]
- Secretary of State nominee Mike Pompeo doesn’t have the votes to clear the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. This won’t necessarily stop his nomination from going through, but it’s a historic slap in the face. [The Hill]
- Republican candidates across the U.S. are promising to prosecute women who obtain abortions. [ABC News]
- Happy 420! Chuck Schumer has introduced legislation to decriminalize marijuana. [Washington Post]
- Republicans are feuding over a bill that would protect the Mueller investigation. [The Hill]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.