Happy Friday to everyone but Rep. Mike Kelly!
- Congresswoman Maxine Waters had to once again reclaim her time. In a debate over whether to repeal Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection’s indirect auto lending guidance, Waters found herself talked down to by two white Republicans. But Waters didn’t stand for it. The auto lending guidance helps prevent auto lenders from discriminating against non-white consumers with marked up prices based by zip-code and other distinctions.
- People are still joking about John McCain dying... [Talking Points Memo]
- The lawyer for the two women who accused Attorney General Schneiderman of strangling them apparently talked to our ol’ friend Michael Cohen. [New York Times]
- Health and Human Services under Trump really doesn’t want to acknowledge the sovereign status of Native Americans, and their access to services like Medicaid hangs in the balance. [Politico]
- Trump is very into a potential spike in the cost of medication. He and Pharna Bro would get along swimmingly. [New York Times]
This has been Barf Bag.