Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Here is exclusive footage of congressional Republicans working to make sure you die in a mountain of debt!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The latest effort to unravel your health coverage comes from GOP Senators Bill “Jimmy Kimmel Test” Cassidy and Lindsey Graham, your Republican uncle who was always a real fun time until the day he shoved you into the barbecue pit. This bill is in fact worse than the GOP’s last failed effort; it would likely cover even fewer people, although we won’t know for sure very soon, because the initial CBO assessment coming next week will not estimate those numbers or how premiums would be impacted. So—great! Call your senators. [Washington Post]
- If evidence of further Russian interference were to surface, Hillary Clinton won’t rule out questioning the legitimacy of the 2016 election. [NPR]
- Here’s a comprehensive list of all the beautiful places Ryan Zinke wants to fuck up. [New York Times]
- Y’know, the more I hear about this Roy Moore fellow, the more I think he might be A GODDAMN LUNATIC. [The Hill, Twitter]
- Trump’s very good and smart lawyers were overheard gabbing about the Russia investigation at a restaurant next door to the New York Times’ DC bureau. [New York Times]
- The EPA has not publicly acknowledged multiple reports of Superfund site spills related to Hurricane Harvey flooding. [Associated Press]
- Oh look, more terrifying talk of a constitutional convention. [Associated Press]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.