Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Love Friday evening crime!
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has been subpoenaed by three House subcommittees after he repeatedly refusal to produce relevant documents related to President Trump’s conversation with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky. Welp!
- Support for impeachment has increased. It’s almost as if political leaders taking the lead on an important issue sways public opinion. I don’t know just spitballing here, guys. [Politico]
- Even Tulsi Gabbard, an impeachment skeptic, is on board now. [CNN]
- A new Senate report reveals that the NRA was a “foreign asset” to Russia leading up to the 2016 election. [NPR]
- Joe Biden’s 2020 team is now thinking about introducing a proposal that taxes Wall Street. Sanders... Warren... their impact. [Washington Post]
- The next debate is one night only, lads. [CNN]
- Kamala Harris wrote a lil’ somethin’ about Brett Kavanaugh for Elle. [Elle]
- Eugene Scalia, son of you guessed it, has been confirmed as the new labor secretary. He’ll replace Alexander Acosta, who resigned following public outrage at the 2008 plea deal he struck with serial sex offender Jeffrey Epstein while he was a U.S. attorney in southern Florida. [Politico]
- Tom Price—the former Secretary of Health and Human Services who spent bank on private planes—is back, and ready to be your senator, Georgia! [New York Magazine]
- An undocumented man was shot and killed by officers who went into the wrong home. Normal functioning country we have here. [Washington Post]
- But here’s some good news:
- Oh, and Bernie Sanders’ rising sign is Scorpio.
This has been Barf Bag.