Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
“Woof” @ all of this.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- U.S. District Judge James Otero dismissed Stormy Daniels’s defamation suit against Donald Trump and has ordered that she cover the president’s near $300,000 in legal fees. [New York Daily News]
- Dethroned racist sheriff Joe Arpaio has filed a defamation suit of his own, claiming that CNN, Rolling Stone, and HuffPost falsely portrayed his criminal record. [The Wrap]
- Tulsi Gabbard’s definitely running for president! Reportedly? Maybe for sure! [The Daily Beast]
- Is “corrupter” a word? Because these new reports about what New York City officials handing over control of public records requests is… very that. [Politico]
- Meet Shawn Holley, the former public defender and brains behind Kim Kardashians kwest to commute Alice Marie Johnson’s sentence. [Glamour]
- Asylum claims are up 67 percent from last year. [NBC 7 San Diego]
- Fatal gun violence is also up—higher than ever, in fact. Nearly 400,000 people were killed by firearms in 2017, the most ever recorded by the CDC. [HuffPost]
- Ah, here’s something that’s down: the Arctic Ocean’s ice! It lost 95 percent of its oldest ice, and wait fuck. [The Washington Post]
- [Bette Davis in Beyond the Forest voice] What a dump! [CNN]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.