- Despite considerable evidence to the contrary, Republican leaders continue to feel pretty sure that we don’t need legislation protecting the Special Council. “I just don’t think it’s necessary,” Mitch McConnell said, after defending the Special Counsel. “I don’t think Bob Mueller is going anywhere.” [Politico]
- Trump called Putin today to congratulate the autocrat on his electoral “win.” Fun, love that. How do we think that convo went? Please submit your transcripts below. [New York Times]
- Former Playboy model Karen McDougal has sued to be released from a contract requiring her to remain silent about her alleged affair with Donald Trump. [New York Times]
- Cynthia Nixon, newly-announced progressive challenger to NY Governor Andrew Cuomo, came out hard in her first campaign appearance today. “Andrew Cuomo promised to clean up Albany, but instead he and his cronies have cleaned up for themselves,” she said. “There is a reason that people close to Andrew Cuomo keep winding up under indictment for corruption.” [USA Today]
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, who has lately made extensive efforts to appeal to the progressive wing of the Democratic party, has made the profoundly befuddling decision to endorse Cuomo. [NYDN]
- Cuomo supporter Christine Quinn, meanwhile, has called Nixon an “unqualified lesbian.” [EW]
- Here’s Charlotte Pence defending her terrible father on The View! [YouTube]
This has been Barf Bag.