Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The Trump administration, led by top ghoul and glue-eater Stephen Miller, is considering new plans to separate families at the border. From the Washington Post: “One option under consideration is for the government to detain asylum-seeking families together for up to 20 days, then give parents a choice — stay in family detention with their child for months or years as their immigration case proceeds, or allow children to be taken to a government shelter so other relatives or guardians can seek custody.” [Washington Post]
- Me to USA Today: Maybe should’ve fact-checked Trump’s op-ed a little bit earlier, perhaps before publishing it. Or maybe not published it at all? [USA Today]
- White House Chief of Staff John Kelly called Senator Elizabeth Warren an “impolite arrogant woman” in an email last year, after they had a conversation about the administration’s Muslim ban. Just call her a bitch, John, you know you want to! [BuzzFeed]
- And then Warren fired back on Twitter: “Was I tough on John Kelly in that phone call? You bet I was. Apparently he thought I was an ‘impolite arrogant woman.’ ‘Blah blah blah’ – that’s all he had to say when he was called out for breaking the law and destroying lives.” [Twitter]
- Why do we treat our heroes like this. :( [Los Angeles Times]
- Here’s a clip of Michigan’s Republican gubernatorial candidate being a creep. Bonus: If you’re able to summon the will to watch to the end, you get to hear his extremely creative pronunciation of “Vincent Van Gogh.” [Talking Points Memo]
- Now let’s see what’s happening in Pennsylvania’s gubernatorial race, shall we. [Twitter]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.