Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Just skip down to the Beto/bunny video, tbh.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Stephen Miller was a literal dirtbag when he was a kid, according to his third grade teacher Nikki Fiske. She told the Hollywood Reporter that Miller was a “loner” who ate glue when he was a kid. “Do you remember that character in Peanuts, the one called Pig Pen, with the dust cloud and crumbs flying all around him? That was Stephen Miller at 8...I remember he would take a bottle of glue — we didn’t have glue sticks in those days — and he would pour the glue on his arm, let it dry, peel it off and then eat it.” WHEW! Honestly, dirtbag weirdo was definitely my type when I was in the third grade, but this is too much. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg re-registered as a Democrat. The billionaire stop and frisk king is probably mulling a 2020 run. Great. Fantastic. Can’t fucking wait. [Vox]
- For some reason, USA Today gave Trump an op-ed full of anti-medicare for all scare tactics. Who was the ghostwriter, though? [USA Today]
- Oh, and it wasn’t fact checked, LOL. [CNN]
- Republican Senator Tom Cotton has a deeply stupid theory about Christine Blasey Ford [Washington Post]
- The Trump administration’s disdain for immigrants trucks on: An “income test” for prospective green card holders is in the works. [NBC News]
- Tamir Rice’s mother will be leading a protest in the Ohio town where the police officer who killed her son was recently hired. [Mic]
- Some white Evangelical women who plan to vote for Beto O’Rourke for senate unbeknownst to their Ted Cruz supporting husbands. [New York Times]
- Speaking of Beto, here he is with a bun:
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.