Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Cry time on shroom day.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Denver is voting on a ballot question that would decriminalize hallucinogenic mushrooms. If the ballot measure succeeds, it will be shroom time in Denver. [CNN]
- Mitch McConnell should quit the Senate and get into shrooms, possibly. [New York Times]
- The good people at Immigration and Customs Enforcement are launching a program to circumvent local laws and allow police to make immigration arrests. [Washington Post]
- It’s been one year since Be Best first Bested. What do you have to show for yourself? [CBS News]
- Lupita Nyong’o will present Anita Hill with the 2019 PEN Courage Award at the PEN America Literary Gala later this month. [Page Six]
- After 15 incarcerated people in Alabama prisons died by suicide in the span of 15 months, a federal judge ordered the state’s Department of Corrections to address the system’s “severe and systematic inadequacies.” He called the threat of suicide “so severe and imminent” that immediate action was required. [NPR]
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, documentary filmmaker. [New York Post]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.