Screenshot: Twitter

NBC decided to join several other major TV networks in pulling a racist ad created by Trump’s campaign committee, though not before it aired during Sunday Night Football, so...great.

The 30-second spot ties together the migrants currently making their way to the border with a convicted murderer from Mexico, who in 2014 killed two police officers in Sacramento. The two have nothing to do with one another—the murderer, Luis Bracamontes, entered the country illegally and was deported twice, though the ad falsely claimed that he was allowed “into our country” and that we “let him stay.”

“Dangerous illegal criminals like cop-killer Luis Bracamontes don’t care about our laws,” the ad said.

Even Fox News, which as made the caravan a focal point of its coverage, decided against running it, joining CNN and Facebook and pulling it on Sunday. NBC released a statement explaining its decision.

“After further review we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have decided to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible,” it said in a statement.

Advertisement

Trump said he didn’t know anything about the ad, in the process neatly summing up his entire presidency for reporters: “You’re telling me something I don’t know about,” he said.

In this particular case, though, it doesn’t seem that way. Just last week, Trump shared a shorter version of the ad on Twitter, and pinned the longer version at the top of his page. Asked whether the ads were offensive, Trump, a purported adult, replied: “A lot of things are offensive. Your questions are offensive.”